Stonehearth Alpha 12 is now available on the Steam Early Access branch!
Here’s what’s new in the release:
New Crafter Workbenches
Crafters now have new specialized workbenches which are required for crafting certain items. For example, the Weaver now has a Loom and Spinning Wheel in addition to a regular workbench, and the Blacksmith has a Forge and Anvil.
Workbenches are created using the crafting UI just like any other craftable item. After the workbench is created, you place it just like any other placeable item. You can place multiple workbenches of the same type, and the crafting queue is now shared between all crafters of the same profession. For example, if you have two weavers, they will both use the same Loom (or multiple Looms) to weave cloth.
The crafting UI also has an ‘Orders’ tab that shows details of all the crafting orders and what might be blocking an order from being fulfilled. You can access the crafting UI from a selected crafter, a selected workbench, or from the new crafters button on the game’s button bar.
The world has a new look! Huge mountain ranges and large bodies of water are now the norm, and multi-layer detailing can be seen on the side of foothills and mountains. Pine trees have also been added to the world. The world generation parameters are now fully moddable from json files which will enable the creation of new biomes.
Stonehearth has been internationalized! After installing a localization mod, you can change the language on the Settings->System menu. The localized strings are now in a single file to simplify translation. See ‘startermod_locale’ on Github for more information:
Hearthling OCD and Idle Hearthlings
The bug causing hearthlings to repeatedly pick up and put down items has been fixed. Also, we have made big improvements to the pathfinding algorithms which should significantly improve the idle hearthling problem. Please let us know how it works in your new towns.
- Rabbits, poyos, and sheep… oh my! The shepherd can now raise multiple types of animals. Well fed animals also now have babies and poyos will lay eggs that can either hatch into chicks or be used in recipes. Remember to create animal feed from the Cook so that your animals have something to eat!
- Oak tree saplings can now be farmed, harvested, and planted in the world.
- Added and updated a number of cook and carpenter recipes including corn bread, poyo pot pie, roast_poyo, fried_eggs, and omlettes.
- 13 new music tracks have been added!
- Teardown ladders after scaffolding to give hearthlings a chance to get off the roof before becoming stranded.
- Fixed bug computing 2nd story floor dependencies which could result in a structure becoming unbuildable.
- Improved scaffolding logic for complex buildings.
- Fixed assertion errors when building and tearing down ladders.
- Fixed bug placing doors and windows in invalid locations.
- Fixed several bugs that made loaded games unplayable.
- Fixed frozen hearthlings when picking up ghosted items.
- Fixed save/load bugs with the inventory system.
- Fixed bug that caused hangable items to fall down.
- Fixed bug preventing hanging items on cliffs.
- Fixed a rare crash starting a new game.
- Fixed bug that prevented water bodies from merging resulting in permanent blue squares and high CPU usage.
- Water no longer renders as black when the rear plane is not facing the sun.
- Fixed an engine error when a hearthling task terminates at the same time as a lua thread.
- Fixed the collision region for the picket fence gate.
- Fixed the promotion sound effect which was somtimes too loud.
- Fixed bug that kept popping up the storage UI when no storage was selected.
- Crafter maintain function now works as advertised.
- Fixed bug reordering crafting queue.
- Fixed UI error when a character sheet is open for a hearthling that dies.
- Fixed UI error “Attributes must be numbers, strings or booleans…”
- Fixed disappearing UI when clicking the ‘x’ button on the daily report.
- The close button now works on the save window.
- Fixed bug that caused the ‘Zzzz’ animation to terminate early for sleeping pets.
- Fixed a number of other small UI issues.
- Storage filters can be defaulted to ‘None’ under the Settings->Gameplay menu.
- Ore veins can now be found closer to your starting location. Previously, we removed them from the vision radius when settling.
- Malnourished animals cannot be harvested for meat.
- Rotting food now has visual and sound effects.
- Buff durations now show up in the UI. Shift-click a buff to dismiss.
- Shops now have limited quantities of items for sale (instead of 99).
- Added flavor text for the arch backed chair, leather bound chest, brightbell and frostsnap window boxes, wooden doors, and mason and blacksmith signs.
- Pets now have character sheets.
- Reset pet hunger when first acquired.
- Alt + z hides the UI.
- Print Screen key takes a screen shot.
- Item dropper debug tool now has autocomplete support.
- More console debug commands added. Type ‘help’ in the console to see the full list.
Give it a spin and let us on on discourse.stonehearth.net how it’s working for you!